We are a family of 5 humans & 1 canine. The Lang Family was officially established in 1998 when Mommy (Angela) met Daddy (Josh). We welcomed our first child, a daughter we named Caroline, in 2001. Two years later came our second little lady, Carmen. Benjamin, our son, blessed our lives in 2006. Jack is our furry family member.
Our family unit is now complete and on that phase of life where we begin to grow together, learn each other's flaws & perfections, make mistakes, build a home, create wonderful memories (and some not so wonderful memories) and make those critical decisions that will ultimately decide the course of the family's future (yeah, no pressure or anything).
This blog is a documentation of sorts from this point in time & on; the good, the bad, the pretty & the inevitable ugly.

Find me on Pinterest:
http://pinterest.com/momto3munchkins/

Friday, April 1, 2011

Introductions are in order

- Angela & Josh -
a.k.a. Mommy & Daddy

Josh & I met when I was 14, he was 16. It took him about 2 years to commit to our teenage love, but he finally came around. I was the stalker type from the start. Less than 8 months later, we found out I was pregnant. If you did the math, you're right, I was 16, he was 18. We got a head start on building a family and it ended up being one of the best things that ever happened to us. I know teenage pregnancy is not the ideal way to begin a family, but we got lucky and it ended up being among the biggest blessings in our lives. Thirteen laters, we have 3 children, are happily married & are just as crazy in love as we were as teenagers. I consider him my Superman, as I have said so many times before. He is by my side NO MATTER WHAT. I know every happy wife stakes that claim but more sincere words have never been spoken (or written) from me. Unconditional love is his forte; when he loves someone, he loves them with every ounce of his being. I don't know what I have ever done to deserve a love like this, but I can only hope and pray that I continue to be worthy of this wonderful life God has given me.

- Caroline -
a.k.a. Yaya

Sweet Caroline. She is the reason Josh and I are the people we are today. She forced us to grow up and become humble, selfless, devoted parents. She, and only she, was the first driving force in shaping our future as a family. I delivered her on June 18, 2001 and was terrified. How could I possibly give this beautiful baby girl everything in this life that she deserves? How could I lead her in the direction of becoming an independent, successful, healthy and most importantly, happy, young woman? I had no answers, but I gave it my best shot. I still am giving it my best shot. I am still just as terrified today as I was the first minute I met her. Yes, I am more confident but as every parent knows, you are never a professional when it comes to this occupation. I don't think I am doing that bad though. My heart bursts with pride when I look at her. She is the most sensitive and compassionate person, adult or child, that I have ever come across. Anyone that knows her will agree. There is not a mean or hurtful bone in her body. Sweet, sweet Caroline.

- Carmen -
a.k.a. Barbip & Carmen Girl

Carmen is in a league of her own. She is so stubborn, so nosey, so defiant at times and yet I would not change a single quality about her. I see her being stubborn as a tool of leadership. I view her nosiness as an inquisitive young mind. Her defiance is her strong will in what she believes in. She is my little mother hen. She looks out for her little brother and even her big sister. She is honest, even if it's brutally honest. She cuddles with me. She hates when someone is fighting and has just as weak of stomach as I do. "John Q" made her sob hysterically as did the Tim McGraw song "Don't Take the Girl". I am so excited to watch her grow into herself, to stop hiding in Yaya's shadow and show this world what she's made of. The force is strong in this one. I am not even close to being a "Star Wars" fan but this is the only quote I can deem suitable for this little lady.
- Benjamin -
a.k.a. Dude

Ben, Ben, Ben. Our Big Dude. Hysterical, loving, smart, curious, world champion cuddler. I love when he is in the other room playing and I hear "Moooooooooooooooooooooooooom!", just to go in and him tell me "I love you", which happens atleast once a day. He idolizes Daddy and what young boy wouldn't? He's a co-sleeper and is turning 5 in May. Save your comments. He's my last little munchkin and he can sleep in our bed until he's ready to leave. He's a gentleman in training and has recently began pulling chairs out for me and the girls at dinnertime. Oh the girls. Could a little boy love his sisters any more than he does? I don't think it's possible. I sure hope he doesn't grow out of it. If he must go through phases, as I suppose all boys do, I pray the "I hate my annoying sisters" is one he bypasses. Ben was the icing on our family cake. He brought us all together in ways I never could have imagined. Benjamin John; my sweet, messy, sticky family cake icing.

- Jack -
a.k.a. JackDogJackDogJackDiggityDog (all 1 word)
(said fast & to the tune: "Hot Dog" from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse)


*all photos of humans were taken by an amazing & talented photographer named Dana Monticelli.
You can find out more information about her & all her awesomeness here.

-A

No comments:

Post a Comment